And I'm back... on our last episode of "Lifestyles of the Young and Lazy" you will remember that I was doing nothing and getting bored and couldn't wait for work to start... I was such an idiot.
Here is now my standard day:
7:45 Time my alarm rings
8:05 Time my alarm wakes me up
9:00 Time I'm supposed to get to work
9:30 Time I stroll in
12:00 Hour lunch break with the ladies
3:00-5:00 Get of work sometime in this timeframe
5:00-7:00 Laze around downtown Evanston usually doing MCAT homework or reading books in Barnes and Noble; eventually either eat alone crying or pick up dinner to eat in class
7:00 MCAT class starts at Northwestern
10:00 Get to the gym
12:15 Return home after a long day
1:30 Go to bed after watching an hour of TV
That's right, I've got about 15 hour days with periodic breaks. I usually also take breaks by napping during MCAT class or group meetings on Thursdays at work.
Lets see, I went to Leadershape down at U of I about a month or so ago and it was amazing! I met a bunch of cool people and randomly there was another person from Georgetown there. It was a blast and I learned a lot and had a lot of fun. We stayed at this old country house outside of Champaign (where UofI is). It used to be owned by this totally in the closet homosexual. He hired a woman to live with him, but they slept in separate rooms and he travelled the world with his man servant. Also my facebook picture is just pointing out the numerous overly anatomically correct statues all over the property. The best is the "sun-singer" a giant statue facing west with his hands in the air so that when the sun rises he's holding it. Butt Naked except for his helmet. Anyways, Leadershape, fun, then came to work... fun, but not in the same way.
So if I told you that I was studying "antibiotic resistance in a bacterial infection" I was lying to you, see what I'm actually studying/researching is "genetic diversity of a bacterial infection" which is quite different as I'm not using antibiotics in the slightest. But I'm having fun doing that, except the post-doctorate fellow I was working with just left to take a faculty position and I'm all alone on the project now.
All is well in general except for my general lack of a social life outside of work and class, because those don't count. Man I can't wait for that week of insanity.
Ciao,
mark
oh yeah... ps: I'm not doing L&B but I'm getting in on August 21st
pps: I'll tell you the story later, but it's lunch time
Here is now my standard day:
7:45 Time my alarm rings
8:05 Time my alarm wakes me up
9:00 Time I'm supposed to get to work
9:30 Time I stroll in
12:00 Hour lunch break with the ladies
3:00-5:00 Get of work sometime in this timeframe
5:00-7:00 Laze around downtown Evanston usually doing MCAT homework or reading books in Barnes and Noble; eventually either eat alone crying or pick up dinner to eat in class
7:00 MCAT class starts at Northwestern
10:00 Get to the gym
12:15 Return home after a long day
1:30 Go to bed after watching an hour of TV
That's right, I've got about 15 hour days with periodic breaks. I usually also take breaks by napping during MCAT class or group meetings on Thursdays at work.
Lets see, I went to Leadershape down at U of I about a month or so ago and it was amazing! I met a bunch of cool people and randomly there was another person from Georgetown there. It was a blast and I learned a lot and had a lot of fun. We stayed at this old country house outside of Champaign (where UofI is). It used to be owned by this totally in the closet homosexual. He hired a woman to live with him, but they slept in separate rooms and he travelled the world with his man servant. Also my facebook picture is just pointing out the numerous overly anatomically correct statues all over the property. The best is the "sun-singer" a giant statue facing west with his hands in the air so that when the sun rises he's holding it. Butt Naked except for his helmet. Anyways, Leadershape, fun, then came to work... fun, but not in the same way.
So if I told you that I was studying "antibiotic resistance in a bacterial infection" I was lying to you, see what I'm actually studying/researching is "genetic diversity of a bacterial infection" which is quite different as I'm not using antibiotics in the slightest. But I'm having fun doing that, except the post-doctorate fellow I was working with just left to take a faculty position and I'm all alone on the project now.
All is well in general except for my general lack of a social life outside of work and class, because those don't count. Man I can't wait for that week of insanity.
Ciao,
mark
oh yeah... ps: I'm not doing L&B but I'm getting in on August 21st
pps: I'll tell you the story later, but it's lunch time

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home